Parsing error

Mark Becker beckerbecker626 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:54:28 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm trying to run guncash 2.2.9 under windows vista.  I've been using it
happily for about a month, and now every time I try to start my account I
get this error:

     * There was an error parsing the file C:\Users\Daddy\BeckerFunds.*

I had to go back 2 full days of backups before i could get one that would
start.  Then as an expirment I did one transaction, and saved to the
BeckerFunds file I then shutdown and restarted the program.  I got the same
message.  I also tried the same thing, but saved under a different filename,
and got the same message.  Apparently there is a problem with any file that
I made after 4/7/09.

Is there a way to get the program working again?  Up until now this is the
best freeware personal accounting program I've come accross.  Second in
importance, but still highly desirable, is there any way to get the info
from the old backups into the software (short of manual reentry I mean)?

Mark Becker