Mark bills paid manually?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 15 10:37:46 EDT 2009

Des Dougan <des at douganconsulting.com> writes:

> When running reports for my accountant, I found some discrepancies in
> my AP register where some entries had "Automatic Payment Forward" in
> the Memo field and "Auto Split" in the Action field. These were
> related to bills where payment for multiple bills was consolidated in
> a larger payment.
>
> I removed these entries, which had no effect on the register balance,
> as each had a matching transaction on the other side of the register
> (i.e. entries on debit and credit side). However, the Bills Due
> Reminder shows a number of transactions related to this (and these
> have definitely been paid). Is there any way to mark these paid
> without affecting the AP and chequing account registers?

I'm sorry to say but you just shot yourself in the foot.  Those
Automatic Payment Forward transactions needed to stay there -- they
existed specifically to allow you to pay multiple transactions with one
payment.

Right now, your ONLY option is to delete all your payment transactions
and re-enter them all.

Sorry.  That's all you can do.