GnuCash on windows vs Ubuntu

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 21 09:44:34 EDT 2009

Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> writes:

> Backwards compatibility reaches only so far into the past, but I think
> you're ok with at least the last few 2.2.x versions. Somebody like
> Derek or one of the other gnucash developers (which I am not) can give
> you better information.

While it's best to use the same version, being within a couple
point-releases should be "good enough".  E.g., 2.2.6 to 2.2.9
should be fine.  However, going across major releases (e.g. 2.2 -> 2.4)
is not guaranteed to be both forwards and backwards compatible.  We try
to remain compatible, but don't always succeed.