GnuCash on windows vs Ubuntu

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 22 10:20:20 EDT 2009

Laura Lincoln <cblist1 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>     hendrik at topoi.pooq.com writes:
>
>     > There was a version change a while ago that introduced extra top-level
>     > root directories when you moved from the newer to an older version.
>     > They weren't hard to remove by editing the account tree, though.
>     > Anyone remember how many years ago that was?
>
>     I believe that was the 2.0 -> 2.2 transition.
>
>     > -- hendrik
>
>     > Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>     > You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
>     -derek
>
> In this case we are talking 2.4 to 2.9. Is that too much of a gap?

There is no 2.4 (yet) -- we're working on that for this year.  As for
2.9, I don't think we'll see a 2.9 release for many years!  And yes,
going from the yet-to-be-released 2.4 to the yet-to-even-be-planned
alpha release set 2.9 will definitely be too much of a gap.

> Since Ubuntu 8.04 only offers 2.4 how would I install 2.9?

I have no idea how Ubuntu can offer the non-released 2.4.

I think you mean *2*.2.4 and *2*.2.9?  Going from 2.2.4 to 2.2.9
is fine.  Or at least it should be.