Import bank transactions and mark bill as paid?

Remi Christiaan Cool moreloci at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:00:16 EDT 2009

When I import a MD940 file from my bank ... the items are imported and
booked ok, but I'm not able to manually set a bill to payed. The only
way as far as I have discovered is to first pay the bill so a record
exists and then select that record during the import procedure (R).
Paying the bill when the import window is open, doesn't work, the entry
doesn't show up. That's stupid because for that I have to examine my
bankaccount first, make bookings manually and that's what I want to
prevent. Another thing is that if you select a preexisting record in the
import window, the data from the import is not used in the
description/memo fields, the old entry remains unchanged.

So is there a way to just mark a bill as payed or is there some other
trick to make it work ... put a unique code somewhere so that bills are
recognized somehow?

I'm using GNUCash 2.2.9 on Windows Vista sp1 (don't worry I have
Debian/KDE in virtualbox :) )

Thanks,
Remi