copy and paste on Mac GnuCash

Ian Smith-Heisters i at idiosyncra.tc
Mon Apr 27 12:54:57 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Des Dougan <des at douganconsulting.com> wrote:
> Ian,
>
> On 26 Apr 2009, at 22:48, Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I think this probably isn't really a GnuCash question, but...
>>
>> I can't cut and paste from native Mac apps, say, OpenOffice (installed
>> native Cocoa) to GnuCash (installed from MacPorts with +no_static,
>> +no_x11, -x11, +quartz in variants.conf). Any tips?
>
> You don't say what happens when you try; however, I run GnuCash, installed
> via fink. Under X11, I found that I need to use the ctrl key rather than the
> Command key for pasting in GnuCash. I routinely copy and paste from native
> apps (primarily TextEdit) to GnuCash.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I cmd-c from the cocoa app, and neither
cmd-v nor ctrl-v (nor any other variants like option-v) work in
GnuCash. Furthermore, the Edit->Paste menu option is disabled.

Part of the problem is that I'm not even sure what to google for. I
guess that this isn't actually X11, but the Quartz WM (per my compile
options)? Does anyone know what subsystem this actually is? What's the
difference between this and X11? Is there a preferences pane for it
somewhere? What should I google for?

Thanks,
Ian