Problem importing qif files in gnucash on fink

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 13:27:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Andy <andy at themoores.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently moved from macports to fink and would prefer not to have
> to move back again.
>
> I have installed gnucash with fink without any errors but I'm having
> problems importing a qif file.
>
> When I attempt to import the file it finds no qif accounts and no qif
> categories and leaves the gnucash accounts unaltered with no error message.
>
> The file imported correctly under gnucash with macports so it's probably
> to do with the slightly older version in fink or the fink install itself.
>
> I have the most recent version of X11 and Xtools and I'm using an Intel
> MacBook.
>
> Fink version: 0.28.7
> Mac OS X version: 10.5.6
> Versions of relevant packages: gnucash2 - 2.2.5-152
> fink command that filed: Gnucash:Import->Import QIF
> Any error messages that look useful: "gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc
> relocation support was disabled at configure time. Found Finance::Quote
> version 1.13"

You can ignore those messages, but if the gnucash version is really 2.2.5
then that is too old to trust the QIF importer. Lots of fixes since then.
You were probably using a newer version under MacPorts. I would try a newer
version first (which I assume is available in fink).

If that doesn't help, could you post the first few lines of the QIF
file? Could you find a GnuCash trace file to go with the import failure?

Cheers,
Charles