Security Sale Problem

subscribe307 at verizon.net subscribe307 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 28 21:29:38 EDT 2009

I have set up an account for a security, a bond in this case classed as
a mutual fund and entered a purchase in the account register.  Now I
want to record a sale which will be in the future.  In the account for
this security I enter the sale with the asset account name, cost, number
of shares, and total proceeds.  Everything is OK.  Next, according to
the documentation I need to enter the asset account name again with 0
shares and 0 share price to record the profit.  when I do this a dialog
box comes up that says  "The account does not exist. Would you like to
create it?"
I originally generated the account before the purchase entry and am
making the entries in the account register.  I have checked to make sure
the asset account name is exactly correct.
This is the first time I have tried this so I must be doing something
wrong.  Can someone suggest what may be causing this error?
Mike