Imported invoices and other problems...

defaria Andrew at DeFaria.com
Tue Apr 28 23:04:42 EDT 2009

Cam Ellison-2 wrote:

> I'm not going to deal with everything - can't help you with the segfault,
> but it would help to know which version you're using.

Help About states 2.2.6

Invoices are either A/Payable or A/Receivable.  Obviously those you issue
are the latter.  If you set your invoice account to A/Receivable, your Jobs
should come back.  I can't speak from experience about that.

I changed it to A/Receiable. Didn't change the balance. Didn't change the
fact that I'm supposedly 1/2 million in the hole by having income! I don't
see how I'd get my jobs back because that assumes I had jobs before. Before
I used Quicken. The import didn't import any of the Quicken Projects.

Once you create a Job or an Invoice, you can't delete it - hiding it as you
did is the right (and only) way to go.

Well that's just plain dumb because it doesn't take into account that people
make mistakes and may try something expecting to be able to back it out
instead of being reminded of the mistake for all eternity. However I've
heard that's how gnucash often works.