Imported invoices and other problems...

defaria Andrew at DeFaria.com
Wed Apr 29 14:26:41 EDT 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:

> There is no way to import an invoice.

If there is no way to import an invoice then surely it should not import
them at all! Yet it did. So what do I do, just delete all of those
transactions and re-enter 3 years worth of invoices?!?

What version of GnuCash are you using?
> You're absolutely right that GnuCash shouldn't crash.  I'm sorry it
> is crashing for you.  If you're running 2.2.9 can you file a bug report
> on this so we can make sure we don't lose the problem?

As reported above 2.2.6. I just installed it via Ubuntu's Synaptic Package
Manager and got 2.2.6. Where would I get 2.2.9? Why isn't 2.2.9 known by
Synaptic?

>> OK, not terms. In creating an invoice there is a terms drop down. All
>> that's
>> there is "None". How do I set tha that to something other than "None". I
>> looked around but could find nothing about Terms.
>
> Business -> Billing Terms Editor

OK I can try this when I get home. Still, it would be nice if there was a
"New" and/or "Edit" right there in the drop down...

An Income Account is exactly what it says, a way to account for Income.
> It lets you classify your income as things like Sales, Reimbursement,
> etc.  When you create and post an invoice you get a transaction from
> Income -> A/R.  When you process the payment you get a transaction
> from A/R -> Checking.

Thanks for the clarification

Have you read the documentation?  I highly recommend it.

I will, in my copious spare time! ;-)