About GnuCash lists

AmigaPhil AmigaPhil at ping.be
Wed Apr 29 18:31:40 EDT 2009

  [Oh NO ! I DID IT !  (Forgot the Cc to the list)  :shame:  Sorry]

Josh Sled wrote:

>> How about modifying the Mailman configuration a bit to add a
>
> The list admins are of the opinion that Reply-To Munging is considered
> harmful. <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=reply-to+munging>

Ok, thanks.  Reading and learning, I was not aware there is so much
pros and cons discussions about this.  The topic seems hot :-)
Sorry for having brought this back.

> This has been discussed on both gnucash-devel and gnucash-user in the
> past; please check the archives if you want more rationale / debate. :)

Ok.  I'll respect the decision to not use the Reply-To for this list.

My mailer is automatically adding a Reply-To field for a mailing list
it has identified.  I /think/ it is just an internal setting and that
the Reply-To field is not sent with the message when posted.
Can you check if a message you received from me thru the list has it?
(So I'll try to configure my mailer another way.)

Your message I'm replying to has no list info in header (List-Id:).
I can add a sorting rule to keep the gnucash related mails grouped,
like searching for "Cc: <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>" in header ...
Do you have an alternate idea on how to identify such mails (not
sent by the list) ?
(I also need to identify incoming mails to avoid having wanted ones
being filtered-out.)

AmigaPhil