Problem sizing the Balance column

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 30 22:21:43 EDT 2009

Quoting "Joel Thibault (Gnucash)" <ie37pjv02 at sneakemail.com>:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Derek Atkins warlord-at-MIT.EDU
> |Gnucash| <licijzv26z0t at sneakemail.com> wrote:
>> Quoting Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>:
>>
>>> Isn't the right edge of the rightmost column anchored to the right edge of
>>> the register.  To increase it's size, I think you need to make the next
>>> column to the left a bit smaller.
>>
>> No, you can't do that because the Desc column will autosize up to
>> fill the window.  But you can pull the RHS of the balance column off
>> to the right (off the edge of the register window) and it will both
>> resize the column and add a scrollbar.  Then you can reduce the desc
>> column to re-fit into the window.
>
> Right, that works for most of my accounts.  However, my mutual fund
> accounts (and only those apparently!) don't have a RHS to grab.  I
> made the whole window smaller so the scrollbar appeared, and scrolled
> to the right: still no edge to the Balance column.  Maximizing the
> window, still nothing.

I just tested this with a Mututal Fund account and it works fine.  Put the
cursor at the RHS of the column header (even though there's no column to its
right) and the cursor switches to <=>.  I left-click and drag off to the
right.  Works like a charm.  I just did it.

> Hrm.

Yeah, no clue why it isn't working for you..  Works fine for me.