Price Editor doesn't get online quotes

Johann Rohwer j.m.rohwer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 04:27:32 EDT 2009

After upgrading my linux distro to Mandriva 2009.1 I can no longer get
online quotes on currencies in the Price Editor. The following error
message appears in a popup window:
	Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
	  CURRENCY:EUR

Gnucash version: 2.2.9 (built from r17949M on 2009-02-24) as packaged
by Mandriva Linux 2009.1 x86_64.

perl Finance::Quote is installed and found. I tried with both the
version packaged by the distro (1.13) as well as the latest version
from CPAN (1.16) but both give the error. This worked previously on
version 2.2.6.

Any ideas?