How to a migrate my data to another computer?

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 08:22:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:49 AM, Colin Law<clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/5 macaronic <macaronic at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Thanks a million Maf.King
>>
>> I copied it to my desktop -> No luck
>> I copied it to a new folder to my desktop -> No luck
>> I uninstall and reinstalled GnuCash and tried again -> No luck
>> Always the same message: "The file //C:\Documents and
>> Settings\Computer\Desktop\New Folder could not be found."
>
> You say that you copied it to a new folder on the desktop yet the
> message is saying that it cannot find the folder.  Try just copying
> the file franc to the desktop and opening it from there.
>
> Colin L

I believe an earlier message from macaronic says it was copied to the
desktop and got the same message.

I want to be certain -- macaronic, are you going into GnuCash and
choosing File --> Open, or are you double-clicking a file to open it?
(I believe in an earlier message you said you were using FIle -->
Open.)

ALSO, did you say what version of GnuCash you are trying to use? Is it
the latest released version 2.2.9, or could it be the "bleeding edge"
development version 2.3.3?