Price Editor shows blank

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Aug 9 04:25:57 EDT 2009

I am trying to convert my home finances entirely to Gnucash.

I have entered my few stocks/shares as stocks.  Since I am in Australia, I
selected "template" instead of NASDAQ etc.  Does this mean that I have to
create a template?  If so, how?

I have created 8 different accounts under Stocks, and filled in my existing
holding in the first of them.  When I go to the Price Editor, they are not
there.  If I try to create them again in that window, it tells me that they
already exist.  If I press the "Get Quotes" button, it checks for all 8, and
says that it can't download the quotes.  Half of them are set to download from
Yahoo Finance Australia, and the rest from the Australian Stock Exchange
(ASX.)  I have included the .AX suffix on all of the codes.

What am I doing wrong?  Using Gnucash 2.3.2.

Doug.