Older user

Nelson Tang nelson at tangspace.com
Thu Aug 13 12:57:28 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Murray <m_dorreen at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
> After years of problem free use of version 1.8.12, I was forced to
> upgrade to ver 2.2.9 by a hardware failure(smoke, end of month,
> swearing, etc., I'm sure you understand).
> I only have the backups of my accounts left.
> The new version gives an error when I try to read them.
> Is there a way I can access my backups from the new version?
> I have rebuilt using Fedora 10.

When I upgraded, I also had problems with my account file.  For some reason,
my Scheduled Transactions were not being read properly, and I needed to
manually edit the gnucash file, delete the SX section, let the new GC
version open it, then re-create my SX.  After that it's been working like a
charm.

--nelson