Transfers between different bank accounts - How to record?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Thu Aug 13 23:05:57 EDT 2009

With the assets, a transfer of funds from one asset to another will change the
balances of each, but not your total assets, or even your total current assets
(assuming that your relevant accounts are all current assets.)

If for example you transfer extra funds from your general checking account to
your investment cash account, you would set the "other" account to be the
investment cash account.  Only those two will change.

For the income, I can only agree with what others have said.

Doug.