saving a gnucash data file

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:39:25 EDT 2009

2009/8/16 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> Quoting Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>:

>>> mysqldump
>>>
>>> (which does create a single file)
>>>

>> I know how to do it, the question is whether save backup is a feature
>> that would be useful in GC.  Would the average GC user be able to run
>> mysqldump?  Don't forget he would have to use the appropriate options
>> to set the username and password.  I still think that the ability to
>> save an xml backup file would be useful.
>
> File -> Save As [xml]

But then you have to remember to reopen the original db file requiring
entering user name and password again.  Not a massive problem I know
but a bit of a pain.  In fact if I remember (it seems a long time ago)
this thread started with someone using Save As to make a backup and
others said this is a bad idea.

Colin

Colin