Startup time

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Mon Aug 17 08:57:57 EDT 2009

Perhaps a bit of design philosophy here:  it seems that the target aaudience
for GnuCash is business users, who open it first thing in the morning and shut
it down last thing at night.  For them, I think that it is tremendous.  For
them, the startup time doesn't matter.   They can set it to start
automatically on bootup.

But there are a lot of users around like you and me, who open it once a day,
and briefly.  What priority our needs should have is perhaps a matter for the
maintainers.  I am quite happy to take second running.  Perhaps one day, a
stripped down version could be made available, just as Quicken has a basic and
full version.

Just a thought.  I have tried several times to switch to  KMymoney, and I keep
coming back to GnuCash.

Doug.