transaction already being edited in another register

Jason jason at cougarcorp.net
Tue Aug 18 09:07:28 EDT 2009

Carpet Nailz wrote:
> I received this error message:
>
> "This transaction is already being edited in another register. Please
> complete it there first."
>
> I could not figure out what this was referring to, as I didn't have any
> other relevant registers open. In fact, I closed down all the other
> account registers and still got this message. I tried deleting the entry
> and starting over and still got the message. The only way I could clear
> the situation was to close GnuCash without saving (assuming that saving
> would also save whatever was causing the problem). This worked, but of
> course I had to re-enter all the other transactions which I hadn't saved
> yet.

I've started to see this as well occasionally in the current series.
I've been unable to "trigger it" on demand though so have not been able
to come up with a reproducible failure scenario. It's so rare though
(only happened once or twice) I didn't think much of it at the time.

Jason

--
Vote to protect ALL Washington families
Vote APPROVE on Referendum 71 to keep the Domestic Partnership law