Paycheck Template?

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 16:16:51 EDT 2009

--- On Tue, 8/18/09, Daniel Trezub <daniel3ub at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Daniel Trezub <daniel3ub at gmail.com>
> Subject: Paycheck Template?
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 1:05 PM
> Hi, you all.
>
> I am starting to use Gnucash, just finished importing my ms
> money files and
> recategorized everything, and everything is working like a
> charm!
>
> I've tested gnucash some years ago and just let it go, but
> now the app is
> much more robust and easy to use! Congrats to everybody
> involved in its
> development!
>
> One thing I am still missing is some king of "paycheck
> template". Enter all
> the info on my paycheck splits (they are more than 20!)
> every month is a
> pain! Is there a way to save a template and just enter the
> values when I get
> a new paycheck (without entering all split accounts
> again)?

That would be a scheduled transaction, simply create a new scheduled transaction for your pay check (however often you get one) with all the splits, and then you can have it auto-enter every time needed and massage the amounts for differences from pay-check to pay-check.

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com
Discover a lost art - play Marbles. May 2004
www.marillion.com