How to add reports into Gnucash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 13:23:29 EDT 2009

Indeed, a check using Dr. Scheme's syntax checker points to an error using the dot on a line that reads:

     (lambda (op . args)

What I believe is the complete function reads:

(define (percentage-reporter)
  (define (reporter min max)
    (let ((min-% min) (max-% max) (index 0) (count 100))
      (define (pct val)
	(+ min-% (/ (* (- max-% min-%) val) count)))
      (define (do-inc amount)
	(gnc:report-percent-done (pct index))
	(set! index (+ index amount))
	(if (> index count) (set! index count)))
      (define (do-get amount) ; returns a reporter over [index:index+amount)
	(let ((old index))
	  (do-inc amount)
	  (reporter (pct old) (pct index))))
      (define (do-for-each proc items)
	(set! count (length items))
	(for-each (if (= 1 (car (procedure-property proc 'arity)))
		      (lambda (item) (do-inc 1) (proc item))
		      (lambda (item) (proc item (do-get 1)))) items))
      (lambda (op . args)
	(case op
	  ('odd (odd? index)) ; ugly hack!
	  ('set-count (set! count (car args)))
	  ('for-each (do-for-each (car args) (cadr args)))
	  ('inc (do-inc (if (null? args) 1 (car args))))
	  ('get (do-get (if (null? args) 1 (car args))))))))
  (reporter 0 100))

I have read some Scheme documentation to try and figure this out, but could not understand what might be the problem here.

David