How do you re-save a custom report?

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Mon Aug 24 11:51:38 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Derek Atkins<warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Michael Leone <turgon at mike-leone.com> writes:
>
>> I saved a custom report, based on the Income and Expense Chart. I
>> changed the options, and the name, and saved it by clicking on "Add
>> Report". But if I wanted to change some of the options, and re-save
>> (with the same name), how can I do that? The "Add Report" button is
>> grayed out. It seems there's no way to re-save the report.
>
> Correct.  You need to change the name (yet again) and save it, yet again.

Hrmm ... well, as you say, it may change in the next version.

>> As a related question, how would I go about deleting this saved,
>> custom report? I could just recreate the whole report, but I'd want to
>> delete the old customized one, so I could use the same report name. Am
>> I just overlooking something easy? Clicking "Save" doesn't do it; if I
>> close that tab, all the (newly chosen) options disappear.
>
> Right now, you have to do it manually.

How do you do that? I tried deleting the entry out of the
"saved-reports-2.0" file, after changing options and saving with a new
name. I deleted from the line that started

 ";; Options for saved report "Necessary Expenses", based on template
"Income/Expense Chart"

until the line that mentioned the new report name I made. (I only made
the 2 custom reports).
But then the new custom report wouldn't run. (I'm guessing, because it
was based on the first custom report, which then didn't exist)

I restored an older copy of the "saved-reports" file, so I got it back working.

Am I going to have to make all my selections from scratch, from the
Income and Expense Chart? Can't I take the current custom report
(which has 90% of the customizations that I want), and just modify it;
re-save with a new name; and then delete the old customized report?