an alternative for running GnuCash on OS X

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 18:47:20 EDT 2009

Christopher--

My point wasn't to make you feel like an idiot. To the contrary--I respect the steps to which you went to get Gnucash to run! I too have been through the challenge of getting GC to run on OS X, which was the point of my comment about fink. I think it took me several weeks of trying a couple of years back, and I made a lot of angry comments while trying to get it to run.

The downloadable image was only recently made available through the good graces of one of Gnucash's champions (John Ralls, take a bow!), and is truly the greatest things since sliced tofu (well, probably it's better than that, too).

I just wanted to be sure to get the plug in, so others can benefit from this latest development!

David