A/R question

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Wed Aug 26 12:42:48 EDT 2009

When I first started my business, I created a number of A/R
subaccounts.  Since everyone was paying on time, more or less, that
meant I didn't need to use the Receivables Aging report, or not very
much.  Things have changed, so in order to make proper use of Aging, I
collapsed the subaccounts, and everything is now under the Receivables
account.  However, now the credits don't match the debits, and the
report is incorrect.

I'm sure this is going to mean going into 5+ years of data and making
changes - but where do I make the changes?  What sort of transaction
should I be looking for, and what should I change?  Re-entering and
deleting won't cut it - a lot of the transactions have been reconciled.

TIA

Cam