Possible bug?

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Wed Aug 26 18:53:29 EDT 2009

Gnucash 2.2.9 for Windows, running on WinXP-SP3.

My File history (the list between the Properties and Close items on the
File menu) shows 4 files, named: accounts-2, thing, eurotest-b and
eurotest respectively. accounts-2 is the current file (and the only one
with real data, as the more astute may have guessed).

Procedure:
* After modifying some data, issue File->1 to request re-read of the
current file.
* Dialog box pops up: "Save the file? If you don't save ..."
* Hit "Cancel"
* File history no longer shows the current file.

Note that File->Open... produces the same confirmation dialog box, but
does not yield the same result on cancel (i.e. File menu unchanged, as I
would expect).

I think this is a bug, but perhaps it's a feature?