Capital One Online banking changes

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Fri Aug 28 19:38:00 EDT 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:12:42 am Jeffery Seiffert wrote:
> Capital One has change there online banking and though it sounded like
> they were going to just change the bill paying stuff, but what they
> changed also changed how they communicate with other programs. So in
> short I can't download my transactions anymore.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> And what does it take to make changes so that it works again?  Or am I
> out of luck.
>
> What ever they did, Quicken, Money, and one other commercial program had
> to be updated to work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JefferyS

Their demo says that their downloads are in .csv format, but Quicken etc.
users must download from *within* their program.  Downloading a file then
importing it won't work, apparently.  What that means in practice, other users
may know.

Quicken has had a facility for doing something like that for a while, although
I never use it.  On the "Download Transactions" tab of my 2005 version, there
is a button "Set Up Download" (currently grayed out.)  Sometimes business
accounts can set up a direct link by special arrangement and for a fee, but I
doubt if that is what they mean.

HTH,

Doug.