Gnucash on Snow Leopard

Steve Drach drach at itsit.org
Sat Aug 29 15:27:11 EDT 2009

>> (1) how do I install just Finance::Quote so I can hopefully
>> reenable the get quotes functions, and
>
> If you're adventurous, you could try installing just finance-quote-
> pm5100 from fink. Gnucash in fink is set up to force the use of the
> system perl. In 10.6, that's version 5.10, so you need the -pm5100
> versions of fink perl modules.

I just did that (from the unstable release) and tried a short Perl
program that uses Finance::Quote and it seemed to work.  However, the
"Get Quotes" button is still grayed out (disabled), and since I didn't
install Fink version of Gnucash, I don't have use of gnc-fq-dump to
see if I'm missing something.