A/R question

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonet.ca
Sun Aug 30 13:13:08 EDT 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Unfortunately, depending on the errors, it might mean going in
> and deleting and re-creating the payments.  You should look for some
> auto-payment-forward transactions.  Most likely you'll need to delete
> those and a bunch of payments and then re-run the Process Payments.

This turns out to be really complicated: deleting means deleting the
invoice entry itself, tracking down the transactions that make up the
invoice and deleting them, and so on.  A very thankless job, in my
opinion.  Reposting the invoice is a weird experience: using Find to
access the already-posted invoice causes an unposted version to appear.

I think this is a bug: you should be able to shift the invoice and
related transactions to the parent account, and either have the report
recognize this, or have the relevant owner guids changed to align with
the parent.

In the meantime, it may make more sense to simply change the ownership
of the invoice.  Do I assume correctly that the entire guid string
uniquely identifies the account?

Cheers

Cam