Exchange rate changes lead to imbalance

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 14:23:10 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Dolfy <d01fy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > I just did this example myself, and the report
> > balances.
>
> It is not a report. It is the Accounts tab that is out of balance.

Oh, sorry, I missed that important detail. In that case, because you have
unrealized gains, and because unrealized gains don't have an account (they
are computed), they aren't shown in the account tree. So I'm not quite sure
where the unrealized gains are intended to be displayed, if at all. It
wouldn't be part of the "profit" total at the bottom because it is not yet
income; it would still be equity since it is unrealized. I don't see a place
for it.

I do notice however, that the totals bar at the bottom says Assets: 280,
while the account tree says Assets: 290. They ought to match, so that looks
like a bug to me. Seems like the account tree and the totals bar aren't
using the same price source.

> > On the General tab of the report settings, do you
> > have "compute unrealized gains and losses"
> > checked?
>
> I have no such in my version (2.2.6) (at least I do not see any).
>
> Regards, Dolfy

-Charles