Capital One Online banking changes

Jeffery Seiffert jaseiffert at pdq.net
Mon Aug 31 13:13:41 EDT 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:12:42 am Jeffery Seiffert wrote:
> > Capital One has change there online banking and though it sounded like
> > they were going to just change the bill paying stuff, but what they
> > changed also changed how they communicate with other programs. So in
> > short I can't download my transactions anymore.
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem?
> >
> > And what does it take to make changes so that it works again?  Or am I
> > out of luck.
> >
> > What ever they did, Quicken, Money, and one other commercial program had
> > to be updated to work.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JefferyS
> >

> > >Their demo says that their downloads are in .csv format, but
Quicken etc.
> > >users must download from *within* their program.  Downloading a
file then
> > >importing it won't work, apparently.  What that means in practice,
other users
> > >may know.
> > >
> > >Quicken has had a facility for doing something like that for a
while, although
> > >I never use it.  On the "Download Transactions" tab of my 2005
version, there
> > >is a button "Set Up Download" (currently grayed out.)  Sometimes
business
> > >accounts can set up a direct link by special arrangement and for a
fee, but I
> > >doubt if that is what they mean.
> > >
> > >HTH,
> > >
> > >Doug.

> > >Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> > >You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Thanks for the reply Doug, but maybe I wasn't clear. I was having no
problems downloading the transactions through the bank service. But
about 4 or 5 days ago it stopped working. I never downloaded any files
and importing them. So the bank must have changed the way it
communicates with banking programs.

Thanks,

JefferyS