Splits in Cash Flow report

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Dec 2 17:27:57 EST 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 15:25:58 Nowl wrote:
> Sorry to follow up my own post, but please, can anyone comment or help
> with this? To me, incorrectly reported transactions seems a really
> serious flaw, especially as it's not my own money. . . if it's something
> I'm doing wrong, I'd be very grateful to know.

Hi Nowl,

Yes, I see what you mean.  I've made a new test file, with a single txn split
from checking to 2 expense accounts.  I've attached a couple of screenshots
of the register and report output,  which may help others on the list
understand what you mean.

The Cash Flow report when run on just one of those expense accounts does show
what you describe, with the bottom line (labeled difference) being the actual
total flow "into" that account.

IANAA, so I'm not sure what is supposed to happen here, hence I'm not sure if
this is a bug, or if you are bending the purpose of the cash flow report, by
running it against expense accounts rather than asset/liability accounts
only.

Sorry I can't be of more help,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542