Transactions not appearing correctly

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 3 12:31:07 EST 2009

Ken <kmailuk at googlemail.com> writes:

> In one of my accounts some of the transactions are associated with the
> incorrect currency.  This appears to be stored in the XML but transparent to
> the GnuCash user.
> *(1) How can I see the currency in a register?

You cannot

> (2) How can I change the currency in a register?*

The register currency is obtained from the Account configuration.
When you create a new transaction it takes on the currency of the
current account register.  If the register is of type Stock or Mutual
then gnucash goes into the parent account hierarchy until it finds an
account with a current and uses that.

Do you have accounts with current XAU?
Are you entering stock transactions from them?
Or do you have children stock accounts from them?