Splits in Cash Flow report

Nowl night0wl at inbox.com
Thu Dec 3 13:50:52 EST 2009

Derek Atkins wrote on Thu, 3 Dec 2009:

>You're doing it wrong.  The Cash Flow report is designed to tell you the
>CASH FLOW into an out of a set of accounts.  It's designed to work
>around your Assets and Liabilities.
>
>It sounds like you really want the P&L report (aka Income Statement).

Hi Derek

Thanks for your reply, though I think it's meant for me rather than Maf
:-)

However, could you see my reply to Maf? The problem *does* occur in a
Cash Flow report on an asset account (Petty Cash), because it is
included in a split transaction. I was doing the end-of-year accounts
for a small charity and wanted exactly what the Cash Flow report showed:
where money came from and where it went, for three asset accounts:
current bank, Petty Cash and Savings. Unfortunately, for Petty Cash it
showed money coming in that really went to another account in the split,
then being paid out from it to that other account.

All amounts are correct in a Cash Flow report for the account the money
came from (current bank account) so it does seem to be something to do
with the way splits are handled.
--
Nowl