custom reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 9 12:56:28 EST 2009

Guillermo Uriarte <guiuriarte at yahoo.es> writes:

> Hello,
>
> well I haven't really had an in depth look at the predefined reports. But in
> any case I want to make my own reports because of I am of the kind of person
> that likes to make things by himself. I will have a look on this SCHEMA
> language.

Understood, but you still might want to take a look at what's already
there before you spend many many hours trying to do something on your
own.  If nothing else you might find something that's CLOSE to what you
want and it will save you a lot of work to take an existing report and
extend it.  Also it will give you some guidelines and help in figuring
out how to use the GnuCash APIs.

> By the way, are there no standard web forums for GnuCash?

Define "Standard Web Forum"..  I know of no such "standard".  But no, we
don't use web forums.  Email works great on any system; you don't need a
web browser to see it.