python bindings

Peter vmail at mycircuit.org
Fri Dec 11 14:31:04 EST 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Peter <vmail at mycircuit.org> writes:
>

>>> Did you configure/build with --enable-python?
>>>

>> Thanks,  I didn't notice --enable-python-bindings
>> This allows me to build, but I get numeros warnings and errors when
>> starting any of the three example scripts.
>>

> Sorry, I know nothing about python so I can't help you there.
>

>> Peter
>>

> -derek

Thanks a lot, I think I have to wait until bindings are finished since
this is daunting task for a complex app like gnucash, just want to say
that I started to use gnucash with http://www.sqlalchemy.org
an excellent object-relational mapper for python ( it is really great
that mysql and sqlite are now supported ! ).
gnucash 2.3.7 works well for me and I can query the data from my python
programms to do for example specific reporting and calculations.
I still can't write data , though and once the python bindings are ready
, the combination of sqlalchemy , python and gnucash can open a
great variety of extensions. It also opens possibilites to automatic
testing and consistency checking ( for example for enterprise ( or
family ) internal accounting policies )

thanks for gnucash ( I am even a little richer now, because thanks to
gnucash , I waste less money (;- )
Peter