help Installing Finance::Quote

Moises Lopez Almeida moises_l_a at yahoo.es
Sat Dec 12 07:47:12 EST 2009

Hi all, I am user of GNUCASH and I need help to install Finance::Quote.

I try to follow the instructions:

Begin by first closing any GnuCash applications you have running. Second, locate the folder where GnuCash is installed by searching for “gnc-fq-update” (without the quotes). Change to that directory, open a root shell and run the command  “gnc-fq-update” (without the quotation marks). This will launch a Perl CPAN update session that will go out onto the Internet and install the Finance::Quote module on your system. The gnc-fq-update program is interactive, however, with most systems you should be able to answer “no” to the first question: “Are you ready for manual configuration? [yes]” and the update will continue automatically from that point.
After installation is complete, you should run the “gnc-fq-dump” test program, in the same directory, distributed with GnuCash to test  if Finance::Quote is installed and working properly.

But the following message appears when run the command "gnc-fq-update" :

"my" variable $input masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/bin/gnc-fq-update line 62.

WARNING: This program updates several Perl packages to untested latest versions from CPAN. It could potentially cause unexpected failures in any program or future upgrade problems.

It is strongly recommended NOT TO USE this program and report possible problems with parsing of stock quotes to http://bugzilla.novell.com/

Do you want to continue? (y/n) y

It invalidates your system certification!

Are you absolutely sure? Do you prefer to abort now? (y/n)

Is this normal??
I would appreciate any info to help me to install Finance::Quote

Thanks in advance.

Opensuse user.