No printer?

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Wed Dec 16 09:46:07 EST 2009

On Dec 15, 2009, at 21:26 , James Wilde wrote:

> Hi, I feel incredibly stupid.
>
> I am running GC 2.2.9 on a Mac.  I'm relatively new to the Mac.  I've been using 2.2.9 on linux before, and I remember printing out reports without a problem.
>
> Now I wanted to print my first report on the Mac.  I have my trusty Brother laser printer as the default printer on the Mac, directly connected via USB.  But when I press the print button or choose File/Print Report, there is no default printer and I can't find anywhere to add one.  I've been in under GnuCash/ Preferences and there's nothing on the Printing tab except something about print date format, print block characters.
>
> I checked the documentation and the FAQ but found nothing about how to configure the printer.  So if someone can give me a hint, I'd be very grateful.

A little more information.

On the Mac I have virtualbox, in which I can run a Ubuntu 9-10 client.  On this client I have installed GC, and I can print reports.

The interesting thing is that this instance has TWO printers:  on the one hand my trusty Brother as above, on the other Print to File.

Now it's one thing that the Mac is not showing my laser printer, but why would Print to File also be missing from the printer list?

TIA

//James