HELP - GNUCash crashing on OFX Setup

David McCracken dmccrack at optonline.net
Wed Dec 16 21:35:48 EST 2009

I am hoping someone can help me with this problem.

I am running GNUCash 2.2.9 on Windows XP Pro (SP3) and attempting to set up
an OFX connection for my Discover account. I set up the user, go out, go
back in and click "Get Accounts". It goes through the whole routine until it
gets to processing the response. At that point the message comes up that
"qt3-wizard.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

When I look in the Event Viewer Application log it shows "Faulting
application qt3-wizard.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll,
version 7.0.2600.5512, fault address 0x000378c0". Additionally, if I hit the
Forward button on the Initial Online Banking setup window, GNUCash crashes
and this message is in the event viewer "Faulting application
gnucash-bin.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version
7.0.2600.5512, fault address 0x000378c0."

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem might be?

Thank you,
David McCracken