Profit & Loss

tbullard TDBullard at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 21:52:26 EST 2009

I just set up and started using GNU Cash today so I am green as grass.
The only accounting software I have used was on my past job, Peach Tree
Manufacturing Software.

Now I run a home based business and my needs are much simpler.
So far I find the GNU software to be intuitive and easy to set up and work
with.

But I have not been able to figure out how to tag expenses to a job.
My main concern is keeping up with check book, generating invoices, posting
payments, and monitoring expenses. GNU Cash does all of this easily.

But can I track profit and loss, per job?
Example: I just did an inspection. I have lab fees and trip charges. I will
have to pay mileage to the person that did the inspection. When I write the
check for the lab fee I transfer to account Expenses:Outside Services but
how do I tag the job?