Farm & Community Accounting - Any experience?

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Sat Dec 19 12:05:04 EST 2009

RPSB wrote:

> We have a farm account and about 20 members who are financially involved.
>
> I'd like each member to have an itemised bill at the end of the month, but
> also be able to see an overview of total income/expenses.

A commune is essentially a partnership, so setting up the books that way
might be a good idea.

The only accounts to be broken down by member are the equity accounts.
Assets, liabilities, income, and expenses all "belong" to the commune,
and the commune "belongs" to its members. Each member's share of the
income and expenses is computed according to the partnership agreement,
or whatever is its equivalent in a commune, and is not reflected in the
structure of the chart of accounts.

http://www.dwmbeancounter.com/tutorial/coabal.html
http://www.qbalance.com/Chart_of_Accounts.htm

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments