Farm & Community Accounting - Any experience?

Michael DeBusk michael at nlphilia.com
Sat Dec 19 21:34:35 EST 2009

On Sat, December 19, 2009 21:06, Rongomai Bailey wrote:

> Have setup a "farm income" and "farm expense" account for
> expenses shared by the community.

Nothing more specific? Like, say, Expenses:Fertilizer, Expenses:Pest
Control, Expenses:Utilities:Electricity, and so on?

A reasonably fine degree of granularity in your chart now will make your
setup far more flexible and powerful later.

> Under "Farm Liabilities" I have given everyone an individual liability
> account. Some members like to be in credit so technically that's money the
> community is liable for. People who owe bills have a negative liability.

I don't understand. The farm borrows money from its members?

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments