Gnucash binary 2.2.9.3 for PPC crashes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Dec 22 20:31:11 EST 2009

On Dec 19, 2009, at 12:53 PM, Santiago Fernandez wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2009, at 5:51 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>>
>> Try this from Terminal:
>> sudo rm /opt/gnucash-2.2.9
>> sudo rm -rf /Applications/Gnucash.app
>> rm -rf ~/.gnucash
>> rm -rf ~/.gconf*
>>
>> Then drag Gnucash.app from the Gnucash-PPC.2.2.9.dmg to /Applications and try again.
>>

> I've tried but it keeps failing when ran a second time.
> Thanks for checking it out with the iBook & Leopard. Something must be wrong on my powerbook.

Santiago,

So the first time after you clean up, Gnucash runs, is that right? And after that it acts like it isn't running the launcher script?
Maybe you could try doing the cleanup steps one at a time and see which one lets Gnucash run.
Also, are you getting a new dbus-daemon each time you try to launch Gnucash?

You wouldn't happen to have any other Gtk+ installations on your machine, perhaps from MacPorts or Fink, would you?

Regards,
John Ralls