Finance Quote Automatic Update

Daniel Richard drichard58 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 21:19:35 EST 2009

I am running GnuCash 2.2.9 on Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring.  I tried to install the finance quote update installation as per the instructions in the manual - in a console window logged in as root, I switched to the usr/bin directory where gnc-fq-update was located.  I then ran gnc-fq-update.  It ran with multiple errors (but the install did not stop to capture them).  In the end, it returned the following information:

Test Summary Report
----------------------------
t/00-use.t			(Wstat: 512 Tests: 1 Failed: 0)
	Non-zero exit status: 2
	Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 19 tests but ran 1.
t/currency_lookup.t (Wstat: 512 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
	Non-zero exit status: 2
	Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 12 tests but ran 0.
t/quote.t			(Wstat: 512 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
	Non-zero exit status: 2
	Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 11 tests but ran 0.
Files=53,  Tests=1,  6 wallclock secs ( 0.12 usr  0.06 sys + 5.17 cusr  0.45 csys = 5.80 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 3/53 test programs. 0/1 subtests failed.
make:  *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
	ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz
	/usr/bin/make test  -- NOT OK
//hint// to see the cspan-testers result for installing this module try reports ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz
Warning (usually harmless) 'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent state and then apparently tried to run 'make install'
Running make install
	make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

I did a search for the "Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz" file noted in the report, but it did not find the file.

I am updating the prices manually (it is not too difficult), but thought it would be nice if I could have this done automatically.

Thanks..