Setting Up Sole Proprietorship Books

brad bradhaack at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 31 16:53:10 EST 2009

I'm not an accountant, & perhaps the others who have chimed in are much
smarter at this than I am, but ...
I have a similar setup, perhaps simpler, with a rental property.  I find
it very easy to keep my personal stuff & the rental in 1 gnucash file.
I just have an expense:rental account (+ subaccounts), & income:rental
account.  It's easy to generate an Income Statement and select only the
relevant accounts.    One key decider might be if you have a separate
bank account for your business, or you use the same one.