Sales Tax with GnuCash

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Thu Dec 31 20:46:13 EST 2009

Sorry for my top posting.

Thanks for explaining me the Sales Tax is a liability, and such in time!

Ironically, 3 years ago I choose to use GnuCash to manage both of my
personal accounting and business accounting, and found GnuCash too
troublesome for my personal accounting, and switched to use a
mobile-phone based accounting software for personal accounting, keeping
GnuCash only for business. In the intention gnucash want to be personal
account, perhaps I should add in 2.4 wish list that at least I
personally want to see mobile phone integration. I know this might be
opposite to the direction gnucash 2.4 is heading, because it feels to me
mobile application tends to be lighter where gnucash is moving heavier.

Under your description I see Tax is reasonable to be of Expense type,
however in such case it cannot be credited. Thus it makes sense that IF
Tax Table is used, user should not choose Sales Tax as Tax Account
unless it is of Liability type. Do you agree with this? If you agree, it
makes it a valid request for feature to prevent user choose an Expense
type account as Tax Account, unless Tax Table offer to debit (instead of
credit) tax if user choose an Expense account for Tax Account.

在 2009-12-31四的 17:20 -0800,Pablo Francesca写道: