How can I delete multiple transactions or prevent scheduled transactions?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Feb 4 15:23:51 EST 2009

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 19:20:45 Jim wrote:
> I screwed up big time.  I set a scheduled transaction to start on Jan 1
> 2008 and stop never.  It was supposed to be monthy but somehow it got
> set to daily.  Now I have 300+ bogus transactions.
>
> I need to be able to deleted them and fix the scheduled transactions. Or
> if I can tell gnucash not to process them, I can go back to the previous
> copy of the data and fix the schedule.

HI Jim,

The only thing I can think, if you have the backup files is the following:

1. start gnucash as normal, with the file with the bogus txns in it.

2. turn off the "auto-run" for the Scheduled transactions -:
 Edit -> Preferences -> Scheduled Txn tab -> uncheck "run when data file
opened"

3. File -> open a backup

4. Amend the offending SX template, re-enable the auto run, File -> SaveAs...
the original data name.

5. Quit and try a normal start-up.

HTH,
Maf.