CREDITS BEFORE DEBITS

Lincoln A. Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Fri Feb 6 05:55:38 EST 2009

> timzak wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to force deposits to appear ahead of debits on same-day
> > transactions?  I don't like seeing the occasional negative imbalance that
> > isn't really a negative imbalance.
Bugs me too

I have used the "Num" column in the register to order the transactions,
that occur on the same date, to avoid this situation.  Check numbers
will (unless you have JUST OPENed your account) will be higher than the
low numbers from 1-n that are needed to order the deposits ahead of the
withdrawals.  I also recognize that this means I am running too close to
the edge in my checking account balances, leading to potential
overdrafts, so I try to avoid having to do this, by maintaining slightly
higher balances.

Lincoln