opening balance, saving accounts exclude from cash flow

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Sun Feb 8 11:22:12 EST 2009

Hello

I am using gnucash for about a month and run into a problem for which I
can't find a solution.

Example

Let us say I started with 10000 $ which I transfered to the checking
account.

I protocol my income (salary) and my expenses, rent, debit card, credit
card etc.  The cash flow report coincide nicly with my bank extracts.

However after a month I have 12000 on that account and want to move say
5000 to a saving account (of another bank).
No problem: I open a new saving account in my assets and transfer from my
checking account into my saving account.

The problem is only that now the cash flow does not correspond any
longer with my bank extracts, since the 5000 dollar still appear (since
the opening balance had them) but I
don't want them to be included in my cash flow.

How can I achieve this?

The only solution I can see is to change manually the opening balance
which I find odd.

thanks

Uwe Brauer