Online Update of prices is dead

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 9 12:46:04 EST 2009

Hi,

Please remember to CC gnucash-user on all replies using your
mailer's Reply-To-List or Reply-All functionality.

Stephan Pouh <smpouh at gmx.at> writes:

> Dear Derek,
>
> Thank you for answering. I still use GnuCash, no worries there - wouldn't want
> to throw away 7 years of data, and I have become quite attached to GC ;)
>
> Anyway, when using "gnc-fq-dump yahoo ALVR" I get the proper result:
>
>> [smpouh at localhost indigo_v1.0.9_3]$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo ALVR
>
>> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>> symbol: ALVR <=== required
>> date: 02/06/2009 <=== required
>> currency: USD <=== required
>> last: 3.68 <=\
>> nav:          <=== one of these
>> price: 3.68 <=/
>> timezone: <=== optional
>
> Any ideas what this might be about? Stock quotes also work for other equities,
> basically all of the ones I have.

Well, this means F::Q can read it from the website.  So the question
is why does GnuCash fail.  What do you get from:

  echo '(yahoo "ALVR")' | gnc-fq-helper

I get something like:

(("ALVR" (symbol . "ALVR") (gnc:time-no-zone . "2009-02-09 12:29:00") (last . 3.60) (currency . "USD")))